Re: Darwin/MacOSX 10.1.1 configure issues with b3

От Henry B. Hotz
Тема Re: Darwin/MacOSX 10.1.1 configure issues with b3
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
At 3:36 PM -0500 11/30/01, Tom Lane wrote:
>"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
>>  Can't use tk.  I loaded the alpha release of the native Aqua Tk port.
>>  It gets me a Wish Shell.app, not a /usr/bin/wish.  This seems
>>  reasonable, but how do we get Postgres to use it?  Can Postgres use
>>  it?
>
>Hmm, AFAIK we only care about libtk, not wish; but possibly configure
>is looking for wish as a proxy for determining whether tk is installed.
>Feel free to propose a different test.

Well, if we want the library we should test for the library.  Based
on simplistic poking around I would propose "does it work to do cc
tkt.c -ltk -ltcl" where tkt.c contains:

#include <tk.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    Tcl_Interp i;

    Tk_InitImageArgs(&i, argc, &argv);
}

I'll try faking it out when I get a chance.  Maybe a ln -s
/Application/... /usr/local/bin/wish.

>  > The Tcl header files are in two different non-standard places.  I had
>>  to sudo ln -s to get links all in one directory since it appears you
>>  can only have one --with-includes configure option.
>
>    configure --with-includes="path1:path2:pathN"
>
>I believe this is documented.

*sigh*  Oh, probably.  Postgres is a big program with justifiably big
documentation.  I've done the the install a few times so I *think* I
don't need to look at the documentation beyond ./configure --help.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

Сообщение: Re: Darwin/MacOSX 10.1.1 configure issues with b3
Сообщение: Re: Darwin/MacOSX 10.1.1 configure issues with b3